Developing World Education Program (DWEP)
Welcome to the MDS Developing World Education Program (DWEP) webpage.
MDS recognizes that some countries do not have access to trained Movement Disorder Specialists and are restricted by size and/or resources from establishing a training program. Therefore, the Developing World Education Program is designed to address the needs of those countries and build rapport with local area societies that have no existing relationship with MDS.
DWEPs are intended to support three course formats: a stand-alone course, courses conjoined with other local/regional meetings, and a series of courses over an extended timeframe.
- Ensure that the intended host country is eligible to participate in the DWEP Program by checking the list of eligible countries and US travel warning countries (DWEP Short Form only)
- Review program details outlined by the program procedures and make sure you are submitting your application at least 4 months in advance of the requested program date.
- Keep in mind any visa restrictions and subsequent time restraints for invited faculty.
- Carefully and completely fill out the program application.
- Once your application is complete, please mail as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your application has been received it will be reviewed by the Regional Section Education Committee, Regional Section Executive Committee and the MDS Education Committee. The MDS International Secretariat will inform you of the results of this review, and provide instructions on how to proceed if approved.
To better meet the educational needs of our members this program may be applied for in two ways:
1. Application - Faculty Airfare Only (Short Form)
This application is intended for those applicants seeking to invite MDS faculty and receive support for airfare only. Applicants completing this form will be required to provide some meeting details, which are outlined in the application, and suggested MDS faculty.
2. Application (Long Form)
This application is intended for those applicants seeking to invite MDS faculty and receive support for additional aspects of a meeting beyond faculty airfare including, but not limited to, faculty accommodations, marketing costs, space rental fees, audiovisual equipment rental, and catering. If applying for use of the Parkinson and Movement Disorders course materials, the long form application must be used. Applicants completing this form will be required to provide a detailed description of the meeting, suggested faculty, a proposed program, and a proposed budget.