Parkinson's Disease Educational Course for Industry Professionals
Parkinson’s Disease Educational Course for Industry Professionals
Stockholm, Sweden - June 7, 2014
The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (MDS) "Parkinson’s Disease Educational Course for Industry Professionals" is a training program designed to familiarize pharmaceutical and medical device professionals with the diagnosis, treatment, and unmet needs of patients with Parkinson’s disease. The program aims to provide participants with a basic knowledge of this disorder from a diagnostic and therapeutic perspective, empowering them to better understand the challenges of this disorder and its treatment. As the premiere medical society in the world that focuses on movement disorders, MDS is uniquely positioned to provide a program that will help industry professionals better understand Parkinson’s disease and give them the ability to work in a more informed manner.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to accomplish the following
- Recognize the spectrum of movement disorders seen by a movement disorders specialist
- Understand the differential diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease
- Knowledgably discuss the clinical features of Parkinson’s disease from early to advanced stages
- Identify the benefits, limitations and complications of currently available treatments for PD including pharmacotherapy and surgery
- Discuss non-motor features of Parkinson’s disease
- Better understand outcome measures, unmet needs, emerging therapies, and biomarkers for Parkinson’s disease
The intended audience for this course will be industry (pharmaceutical and medical device company) professionals internationally.
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Stockholm
Nils Ericsons Plan 4 – 111 64
Phone + 46 8 5050 6000