Rehabilitation in Parkinson's Disease
Rehabilitation for Parkinson's Disease
May 20, 2016 - Amman, Jordan
An update on Rehabilitation for Parkinson's Disease will take place in Amman, Jordan, on May 20, 2016. This one-day course is intended to increase knowledge about rehabilitation in Parkinson's disease and build clinical capacity of rehabilitative professionals in the Middle East. The course is intended for physiotherapists, occupational therapists, and speech therapists. A faculty of movement disorders rehabilitation specialists will teach the course.
The first two sessions of the course will focus on topic presentations and discussion centered on Parkinson’s disease updates. The following sessions will focus on how to use and optimize Parkinson care by implementing various rehabilitation techniques. The European PT guideline for decision support, assessment and management of Parkinson’s disease will be used as a guide in some of these sessions. Finally, the day will include two practical workshops where participants will be able to apply some of the learned skills.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to accomplish the following:
- Recognize the clinical presentation, management and progression of PD
- Understand the rational of rehabilitative approaches in people with PD
- Describe the key areas of rehabilitation in people with PD
- Define a full subjective and objective assessment for a person with PD, using appropriate recommended measurement tools
- Describe the rational for designing and modifying a patient- specific treatment plan
- Identify strategies for collaborating with physicians and other health professionals
The course will be directed toward physiotherapists, occupational therapists, and speech therapists who would like the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and skills in treating people with Parkinson's disease. No specific prior experience in treating people with Parkinson's disease is required.
The Landmark Amman Hotel
Sponsors and Supporting Organizations