Parkinson's Disease Educational Course for Industry Professionals
The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (MDS) "Parkinson’s Disease Educational Course for Industry Professionals" is a training program designed to familiarize pharmaceutical and medical device professionals with the diagnosis, treatment, and unmet needs of patients with Parkinson’s disease (PD).
The program aims to provide participants with a basic knowledge of this disorder from a diagnostic and therapeutic perspective, empowering them to better understand the challenges of this disorder and its treatment. As the premier medical society in the world that focuses on movement disorders, MDS is uniquely positioned to provide a program that will help industry professionals better understand Parkinson’s disease and give them the ability to work in a more informed manner.
There will be a patient/caregiver roundtable session in the program to enrich the participant’s knowledge on how PD impacts patients and their caregivers.
- Recognize the differential diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease
- Discuss the clinical features of Parkinson’s disease from early to advanced stages
- Identify the benefits, limitations and complications of currently available treatments for Parkinson's disease including pharmacotherapy and surgery
- Discuss non-motor features of Parkinson’s disease
- Identify outcome measures, unmet needs, emerging therapies, and biomarkers for Parkinson’s disease
The intended audience for this course will be industry professionals from pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
999 Canada Pl #300
Vancouver, BC V6C 3B5