Advanced Therapies in Parkinson's Disease
This course is aimed at developing the professional skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to become an outstanding clinician with advanced expertise. This course will provide an overview of recent development of therapies for Parkinson’s disease in particular, which can lead to improve overall Parkinson’s disease treatment and management.
This course is recommended for neurologists, neuropsychiatrists, physical therapists, speech therapists and nurses.
- Explain the indication and appropriate management for DBS and duodenal infusion therapy for PD and its mechanisms
- Learn management of DBS and duodenal infusion therapy for PD after the surgery
- Learn the ‘state of the art’ of iPS, gene, and antibody therapies for PD
- Recognize the rationale of rehabilitation therapy for PD
- Learn the clinical effect and mechanisms of rTMS therapy for PD
- Patient Care & Procedural skills
- Work in interdisciplinary teams
- Employ evidence-based practice
- Apply quality improvement
- Utilize informatics
- Increase medical knowledge
- Practice-based learning and improvement
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Systems-based practice
- Teams and teamwork
- Values/Ethics for interprofessional practice
- Interprofessional communication
All attendees will be provided one night single room accommodation (in the venue Amagi Homestead), two lunches, one dinner and one breakfast.
Transportation will be provided from Tokyo to Amagi Homestead in Izu City, Japan. Seating is limited and confirmation from the Secretariat is required.