Management of Advanced Parkinson’s Disease with Infusion Therapies
This course will provide the theoretical education and practical experience in the management of pump-based treatments for advanced Parkinson’s disease (Levodopa-carbidopa intestinal gel and apomorphine). The course includes lectures on history, experimental basis, patient selection, effects, side effects and practical management, as well as, interactive workshops on patient selection and practical management.
This course is recommended for neurologists, gastroenterologists and Parkinson nurses.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- Describe the theoretical evidence supporting CDS-based treatment
- List criteria and demonstrate process for selecting patients for pump-based PD treatment
- Describe the effects of pump treatments on motor, non-motor symptoms and quality of life
- Explain and demonstrate management of pump-based therapies
- Identify possible side effects and complications of pump therapies, including management of these
The course will address the following physician competencies to increase the effectiveness of the learner:
- Provide patient-centered care
- Practice-based learning and improvement
- Improve professional standing
Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy
020021, Strada Dionisie Lupu 37,
Bucharest 030167, Romania