Management of Advanced Parkinson’s Disease With Infusion Therapies
Management of Advanced Parkinson’s Disease with Infusion Therapies
Venice, Italy – October 26-27, 2017
This course will provide the theoretical education and practical experience in the management of pump-based treatments for advanced Parkinson’s disease (Levodopa-carbidopa intestinal gel and apomorphine).
The course includes lectures on history, experimental basis, patient selection, effects, side effects and practical management, as well as, interactive workshops on patient selection and practical management.
Neurologists, gastroenterologists and Parkinson's disease nurses.
- Describe the theoretical evidence supporting CDS-based treatment
- List criteria and demonstrate process for selecting patients for pump-based PD treatment
- Describe the effects of pump treatments on motor, non-motor symptoms and quality of life
- Explain and demonstrate management of pump-based therapies
- Identify possible side effects and complications of pump therapies, including management of these
- Patient care and procedural skills
- Practice-based learning and improvement
- Inter-professional communication
IRCCS San Camillo Hospital
Via Alberoni, 70, 30126 Lido VE
MDS Members: $300 USD
MDS Junior & Waived Dues Members: $200 USD
Registration includes entrance to all sessions, course materials, catering and 1-year associate membership for eligible non-members. To find out more about associate membership or eligibility, please visit the Associate Membership Webpage.
Refund Policy: For cancellation 2 weeks in advance of a course the registration fee will be 100% refunded, minus a $25 administrative fee. For cancellation within 2 weeks of a course, the registration fee is non-refundable.
Join the Management of Advanced Parkinson’s Disease with Infusion Therapies Facebook Event!*
*Please note you must also register in addition to joining the event.