- October 4, 2010 - Abstract Submission Opens; Housing Opens
- December 1, 2010 - Registration Opens
- January 2011 - Preliminary Program available
- January 7, 2011 - Abstract Submission Deadline
- April 12, 2011 - Early Registration Deadline
- May 10, 2011 - Final Registration Deadline
- June 5-9, 2011 - 15th International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders
MDS Seeks Honorary Member Award Nominations
Each year MDS presents up to two Honorary Member Awards recognizing individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to the field of Movement Disorders or otherwise to the Society. We are now accepting Honorary Member nominations from MDS members. Please include the candidate’s name and institution, as well as complete contact information when submitting your nominations. Please e-mail nominations no later than September 27, 2010.
Web Site News
Welcome to the August/September edition of the MDS Web site! - In this edition we hear from Dr. Ruth Walker, MB, ChB, PhD, Associate Professor at the James J. Peters VA Medical Center in Bronx, NY, about recent developments in chorea. Also contributing articles on this topic are the experts and advocates who work on the front lines of this field. Their stories and articles include:
- An Approach to the Patient with Chorea
- An Update on Neuroacanthocytosis Syndrome
- Advocacy for Neuroacanthocytosis Patients
- An Update on Neurodegeneration with Brain Iron Accumulation (NBIA)
- Speech and Swallowing Disorders in Chorea
- NBIA Disorders Association: From hope to discovery to cure
To read the complete articles, visit the MDS home page.
Case of the Month - Our newest case is contributed by Dr. Dhananjay Duberkar, MD, of Chandigarh, India. This is the case of a 26-year-old male with abnormal movements that have led to significant gait and speech disturbances. Read the case and answer the questions about his case to determine your diagnosis.
1. Go to the Twitter Sign-Up page to register an account
2. Enter “movedisorder” in search field to access MDS’s Twitter page
3. Begin following MDS and receive daily updates from your Society
Share the MDS E-Newsletter with a colleague!
MDS 15th International Congress of Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders
Toronto, ON, Canada
June 5-9, 2011
E-mail: Congress Staff
Asian and Oceanian Movement Disorder Educational Summit
Kannur, Kerala, India
August 28-29, 2010
E-mail: Catherine Breckenridge
Brain, Blood and Iron: Joint International Symposium on Neuroacanthocytosis and Neurodegeneration with Brain Iron Accumulation
September 30-October 2, 2010
Bethesda, MD, USA
MDS Ambassador Program - Society of Bangladesh Neurologists Bi-Annual International Neurology Conference
December 3-4, 2010
Non-CME E-Learning Activities
Nonmotor Aspects of Parkinson's Disease Webcast
From the Edward I. Rudman Parkinson's Disease Patient and Caregiver Symposium: Non Motor Aspects of Parkinson's Disease. Intended for patients and caregivers.
Online CME Activities
Recent Online Journal CME
- Vol. 25.5 "How Common Is the Most Common Adult Movement Disorder? Update on the Worldwide Prevalence of Essential Tremor" Louis ED, Ferreira JJ
- Vol. 25.4 "TPDD-Short Screen: A Brief Cognitive Test for Screening Dementia in Parkinson’s Disease" Pagonabarraga J, Kulisevsky J, Llebaria G, Garcia-Sanchez C, Pascual-Sedano B, Martinez-Corral M, Gironell A
You have received this message because you have had previous contact with The Movement Disorder Society. If you do not wish to be included in our mailing list, please forward this message to email@example.com with "Unsubscribe" in the Subject Line.