Registration is still open!
In order to guarantee your ticketed selection onsite, it is highly recommended that you register prior to arriving in Buenos Aires.
14th International Congress Social Events
The following evening Social Events are open to all delegates who register for them:
Sunday, June 13
Opening Ceremony and Welcome Reception
(Free with registration; Welcome Reception Pass for guests: $40)
Tuesday, June 15
Gala Event at Opera Pampa
($125 per person)
Wednesday, June 16
(Free with registration; not open to guests)
Pre-Order 14th International Congress Teaching Courses on DVD - Each DVD includes slides, audio and video of all eight teaching courses and the accompanying syllabi. Teaching course titles include:
- Neuroimaging techniques and applications
- Differential diagnosis of parkinsonism
- Genetics of movement disorders
- Music and movement disorders
- Pediatric movement disorders
- Neuropharmacology of Parkinson's disease
- Update on tremor
The webcast recording of the teaching course Update on dystonia will be available on the MDS Web site at no cost, supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Ipsen.
MDS Members: Regular price $100.00. Special pre-order offer of $50.00
Non-Members: Regular price $200.00. Special pre-order offer of $100.00
Please click here for more information and to submit your order.
14th International Congress -
Expansion of 2010 Travel Grant Program
Web Site News
June-July 2010 Edition - This month, we feature the theme “Driving and Parkinson’s” with feature articles by: Ergun Y. Uc, MD, Associate Professor of Neurology, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinic, Iowa City, Iowa USA; and Ester Klimkeit, adjunct senior lecturer position in the School of Psychology and Psychiatry at Monash University, Victoria, Australia.
Editor’s Choice Article – This month’s Editor’s Choice Article is “Imaging Essential Tremor” by Ioannis U. Isaias, et al. The podcast summary and review is provided by Joseph Jankovic, MD, Professor of Neurology and Director, Parkinson Disease Center and Movement Disorders Clinic at the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas USA.
Welcome to Buenos Aires! If you are attending the Congress, be sure to stop by the Internet Café, located on the lower level of the hotel in the San Isidro Room/Exhibit Hall. Check out the MDS Web site for information about the Congress as well as the latest news and features about Movement Disorders.
Also, you will find more information about the Web site inside your Final Program, in your Registration bag and during the plenary sessions.
- RSS Feed – Look for the little orange RSS symbol and click on the link to access a listing of the latest Journal abstracts. Click here to go directly to the listing.
- MDS-UPDRS Training Exercise & Certificate Program – The new program is now available to Members and Non-members under the Rating Scales section of the home page. Click here to access the program directly.
- Moving Along - The most recent issue of Moving Along is now easily accessible from the home page. Or, search the archives for newsletters dating back to 2001.
MDS 14th International Congress of Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders
Buenos Aires, Argentina
June 13-17, 2010
E-mail: Congress Staff
Basal Ganglia Speech Disorders and Deep Brain Stimulation
June 29-July 1, 2010
20th Annual Course - A Comprehensive Review of Movement Disorders for the Clinical Practitioner
July 26-29, 2010
Aspen, CO, USA
Asian and Oceanian Movement Disorder Educational Summit
Kannur, Kerala, India
August 28-29, 2010
E-mail: Catherine Breckenridge
Brain, Blood and Iron: Joint International Symposium on Neuroacanthocytosis and Neurodegeneration with Brain Iron Accumulation
September 30-October 2, 2010
Bethesda, MD, USA
Non-CME E-Learning Activities
Nonmotor Aspects of Parkinson's Disease Webcast
From the Edward I. Rudman Parkinson's Disease Patient and Caregiver Symposium: Non Motor Aspects of Parkinson's Disease. Topics covered are nonmotor aspects of Parkinson's disease such as depression, anxiety, sleep disorders, autonomic disturbances, and cognitive deficits. Intended for patients and caregivers.
Online CME Activities
Recent Online Journal CME
- Vol. 25.3 "The Spectrum of Movement Disorders in Glut-1 Deficiency" Roser Pons, et al.
- Vol. 25.2 "Differentiating Vascular Parkinsonism from Idiopathic Parkinson's Disease: A Systematic Review" Seema Kalra, MRCP, Donald G. Grosset, MD, FRCP, and Hani T.S. Benamer, PhD, FRCP
- Vol. 25.1 "Theory of Mind in Parkinson's Disease and Related Basal Ganglia Disorders: A Systematic Review" Maren Elisabeth Bodden, MSc, Richard Dodel, MD, and Elke Kalbe, PhD
You have received this message because you have had previous contact with The Movement Disorder Society. If you do not wish to be included in our mailing list, please forward this message to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Unsubscribe" in the Subject Line.