14th International Congress News
2010 Theme: Neuroimaging in Movement Disorders -
At each MDS International Congress, the Scientific Program Committee selects a theme that is highlighted on one day of the Plenary Sessions and carried forward with Parallel and Video/Skills workshops throughout the meeting. This year's theme is "Neuroimaging in Movement Disorders". International experts working in the interface between Neuroimaging and Movement Disorders will serve as faculty, and the presentations will range from new research to practical applications. Meeting participants can elect to attend any or all of the sessions.
Request for Travel Grant Applications - MDS is offering up to 60 travel grants of a maximum amount of $1,000 USD each in partial support of International Congress delegates in financial need to facilitate their travel to and participation in the 14th International Congress in Buenos Aires, Argentina, June 13-17, 2010. The deadline for all applications is December 18, 2009. Click here for more information.
2010 Congress Abstract Submission Opens October 5 - Abstract Submission Opens on October 5th for the 14th International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders. Please refer to the Congress Web site for information.
- December 1, 2009 - Registration Opens
- January 2010 - Preliminary Program Available
- January 8, 2010 - Abstract Submission Deadline
- April 5, 2010 - Early Registration Deadline
- May 3, 2010 - Final Registration Deadline
Regional Section News
MDS-ES Education Fund for Underserved Areas in Europe is a fund to help support locally organized educational activities in under resourced countries in Eastern Europe and North Africa where there is a need for physician education on Movement Disorders. The application for funds is now available online.
MDS-AOS Educational Course Sponsorship Program is an ongoing sponsorship program designed to address the needs of AOS regions that are restricted by size and/or resources from accessing Movement Disorders education. If you believe your region can benefit from this program, please contact The Movement Disorder Society.
Web Site News
- Editor's Choice Article: "The PRIAMO study: A multicenter assessment of nonmotor symptoms and their impact on quality of life in Parkinson's disease" by Paolo Barone, MD, et al. A summary and podcast review of the article is contributed by Joaquim Ferreira, MD, PhD. Click here to read and listen to the podcast.
- DBS for Tourette Syndrome: New - An update on DBS for Tourette Syndrome, contributed by Irene A.C. Malaty, MD, and Michael S. Okun, MD, of the University of Florida, Department of Neurology. Click here to read the article.
- Quick Opinion Please: Read the interesting case of a 50-year-old man who was in a traumatic auto accident before presenting with a post traumatic tic disorder. Click here to go to the forum and share your diagnosis.
MDS Health Professionals section coming soon!
The MDS Web site will soon be home to a new section dedicated to health professionals. Professionals in the fields of physical therapy, occupational therapy, nursing, dietetics, physiotherapy, genetics and speech/language therapy will find the latest resources and information related to Movement Disorders. Be sure to check the Web site in the coming weeks for this new feature!
The Edward I. Rudman Parkinson's Disease Patient and Caregiver Symposium: Nonmotor Aspects of Parkinson's Disease
Boston, MA, USA
October 31, 2009
8:00am ET – 12:30pm ET
This event will be webcast live with video and slides. For information on how to host this webcast please contact Catherine Breckenridge.
Dopamine Transporter Imaging in Neurological Practice
Prague, Czech Republic
November 20, 2009
MDS 14th International Congress of Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders
Buenos Aires, Argentina
June 13-17, 2010
Supported or Endorsed by MDS
Parkinson Study Group 23rd Annual Symposium on Etiology, Pathogenesis and Treatment of Parkinson's Disease and Other Movement Disorders
October 11, 2009
E-mail: Leslie Kieburtz
Knowledge Gaps in Parkinson's Disease and Other Movement Disorders
February 5-7, 2010
Online CME Activities
Recent Online Journal CME
- Vol. 24.11: "Impulsive and Compulsive Behaviors in Movement Disorders" Andrew H. Evans, FRACP, et al.
- Vol. 24.10: "Sensory Functions in Dystonia: Insights from Behavioral Studies" Michele Tinazzi, MD, PhD, et al.
- Vol.24.09: "Immunopatho- genic Mechanisms in Tourette Syndrome: A Critical Review" Davide Martino, MD, PhD, et al.
- Vol. 24.08: "Cognitive Impairment in Parkinson's Disease: Tools for Diagnosis and Assessment" Jaime Kulisevsky, MD, PhD, and Javier Pagonabarraga, MD
You have received this message because you have had previous contact with The Movement Disorder Society. If you do not wish to be included in our mailing list, please forward this message to email@example.com with "Unsubscribe" in the Subject Line.