14th International Congress News
New in 2010 - Spanish Translations
All Plenary Session and Teaching Courses at the 14th International Congress will be translated in Spanish. More information on the translation system will be available in the Preliminary Program.
The 3rd Annual Video Olympics
If you would like to submit a video case for possible review and presentation at the Video Olympics on the evening of Wednesday, June 16, 2010 during the 14th International Congress, please submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) by February 5, 2010. For more information on the Video Olympics and how to submit your LOI, please see the Congress Web site.
2010 Theme: "Neuroimaging in Movement Disorders"
Each year, the Congress Scientific Program Committee selects a theme that is highlighted on one day of the Plenary Sessions and carried forward with Parallel and Video/Skills workshops throughout the meeting. International experts working in the interface between Neuroimaging and Movement Disorders will serve as faculty, and the presentations will range from new research to practical applications. Meeting participants can elect to attend any or all of the sessions.
Deadline for Travel Grants: December 18, 2009
MDS is offering up to 60 travel grants of a maximum amount of $1,000 USD each to International Congress delegates in financial need to facilitate their travel to and participation in the 14th International Congress in Buenos Aires, June 13-17, 2010. Click here for more information.
2010 Congress Abstract Submission Now Available Abstract Submission is now available for the 14th International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders. Please refer to the Congress Web site for information.
- December 1, 2009 - Registration and Housing Opens
- January 2010 - Preliminary Program Available
- January 8, 2010 - Abstract Submission Deadline
- February 5, 2010 - Letter of Intents for Video Olympics due
- April 5, 2010 - Early Registration Deadline
- May 3, 2010 - Final Registration Deadline
Regional Section News
MDS-ES Education Fund for Underserved Areas in Europe is a fund to help support locally organized educational activities in under resourced countries in Eastern Europe and North Africa where there is a need for physician education on Movement Disorders. The application for funds is now available online.
MDS-AOS Educational Course Sponsorship Program is an ongoing sponsorship program designed to address the needs of AOS regions that are restricted by size and/or resources from accessing Movement Disorders education. If you believe your region can benefit from this program, please contact The Movement Disorder Society.
Web Site News
- Tourette Syndrome Association Click here to learn about the work the TSA is doing to solve the mystery of this disorder. In addition, MDS members Irene Malaty, MD, and Michael Okun, MD, contribute news about the latest research in DBS for Tourette Syndrome. Click here to read their article.
- Membership Update - The Membership section has been vastly improved! Now MDS Members can update contact information, change their password, renew dues, and much more! Click here to log in and learn more about this great new tool!
MDS Health Professionals section coming soon! Professionals in the fields of physical therapy, occupational therapy, nursing, dietetics, clinical psychology, genetics and speech/language therapy soon will find the latest resources and information related to Movement Disorders. Be sure to check the Web site in the coming weeks for this new feature!
Dopamine Transporter Imaging in Neurological Practice
Prague, Czech Republic
November 20, 2009
E-mail: Kate Breckenridge
MDS 14th International Congress of Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders
Buenos Aires, Argentina
June 13-17, 2010
E-mail: Congress Staff
Knowledge Gaps in Parkinson's Disease and Other Movement Disorders
February 5-7, 2010
Online CME Activities
Recent Online Journal CME
- Vol. 24.11: "Impulsive and Compulsive Behaviors in Movement Disorders" Andrew H. Evans, FRACP, et al.
- Vol. 24.10: "Sensory Functions in Dystonia: Insights from Behavioral Studies" Michele Tinazzi, MD, PhD, et al.
- Vol.24.09: "Immunopatho- genic Mechanisms in Tourette Syndrome: A Critical Review" Davide Martino, MD, PhD, et al.
- Vol. 24.08: "Cognitive Impairment in Parkinson's Disease: Tools for Diagnosis and Assessment" Jaime Kulisevsky, MD, PhD, and Javier Pagonabarraga, MD
You have received this message because you have had previous contact with The Movement Disorder Society. If you do not wish to be included in our mailing list, please forward this message to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Unsubscribe" in the Subject Line.