Pan American Section Debuts - The Movement Disorder Society is pleased to announce the formation of the MDS Pan American Section (MDS-PAS), representing membership throughout the Americas. Click here for more information.
13th International Congress News
- Claiming CME Credit:
To claim CME for the 13th International Congress of Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders, please click here.
- October 2009 - Abstract Submission Opens
- December 1, 2009 - Registration Opens
- January 2010 - Preliminary Program Available
- January 8, 2010 - Abstract Submission Deadline
- April 5, 2010 - Early Registration Deadline
- May 3, 2010 - Final Registration Deadline
MDS-ES Education Fund for Underdeserved Areas in Europe is a fund to help support locally organized educational activities in underserved countries in Europe where there is a need for physician education on Movement Disorders. The application for funds is now available online.
Web Site News
History Exhibit: Step back in time and view a historical tribute to James Parkinson (1755-1824). After an exhibit about his life debuted at the MDS Congress in 2005, it was put into storage. MDS member Christopher G. Goetz, along with several colleagues, collaborated to have the exhibit reproduced for viewing online.
Featured Article: Among the many highlights from the 13th International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders in Paris, France, we invite you to read the lecture given by Christopher G. Goetz, MD:
Editor's Choice Article:“Serotonin and Parkinson's disease: On movement, mood, and madness” by Susan H. Fox, Rosalind Chuang, and Jonathan M. Brotchie. Listen to the podcast review by David Burn, FRCP, MD. Click here to read and listen to the podcast.
New name, same great feature! After much consideration, our popular forum, Curbside Consult, now has a new name: Quick Opinion Please. As a member of MDS, 'challenge' your colleagues by submitting cases that are diagnostic, therapeutic or both. Click here to go to the forum.
Dopamine Transporter Imaging in Neurological Practice
Prague, Czech Republic
November 20, 2009
MDS 14th International Congress of Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders
Buenos Aires, Argentina
June 13-17, 2010
Neural Control of Object Recognition and Action Workshop
Atlanta, GA, USA
September 14-16, 2009
Knowledge Gaps in Parkinson's Disease and Other Movement Disorders
February 5-7, 2010
Recent Online Journal CME
- Vol. 24.07: "Proposed Neuroimaging Criteria for the Diagnosis of Multiple System Atrophy" David J. Brooks, MD, Dsc, FRCP and Klaus Seppi, MD
- Vol. 24.06: "Botulinum Neurotoxins for Post-Stroke Spasticity in Adults: A Systematic Review" Antonio Emanuele Elia, MD, et al.
- Vol. 24.05: "Neuroprotection Trials in Parkinson's Disease: Systematic Review" Robert G. Hart, MD, et al.
- Vol. 24.04: "Myoclonus-dystonia: An Update" Kiyoka Kinugawa, MD, et al.
You have received this message because you have had previous contact with The Movement Disorder Society. If you do not wish to be included in our mailing list, please forward this message to email@example.com with "Unsubscribe" in the Subject Line.