13th International Congress News
- Claiming CME Credit:
To claim CME for the 13th International Congress of Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders, please click here.
- October 2009 - Abstract Submission Opens
- December 1, 2009 - Registration Opens
- January 2010 - Preliminary Program Available
- January 8, 2010 - Abstract Submission Deadline
- April 5, 2010 - Early Registration Deadline
- May 3, 2010 - Final Registration Deadline
MDS extends its congratulations to Professor Moussa Traoré, as he hosts the first MDS Ambassador Program during the 2009 Neurosciences Congress of Bamako – Mali. This event will be held November 16-18, 2009 at the International Conference Center in Bamako. To learn more about the MDS Ambassador Program, click here.
Web Site News
Test Your Knowledge: Visit the home page to answer this month's question: Dopamine transporter imaging may be used to distinguish idiopathic PD from all of the following except? Click here to take the test.
Featured Articles: In this edition, we feature the men and women working toward a better future for all patients with Huntington's disease:
- "Huntington's Disease Society of America: Help for Today, Hope for Tomorrow" by Louise Vetter, CEO.
- "Huntington Study Group dedicated to patients, research." Contributors include Dr. Ira Shoulson, MD, Dr. Steve Hersch, MD, PhD, Elise Kayson, HSG Head Study Coordinator, Leslie Kieburtz, HSG Director of Communications, and Shari Kinel, HSG Executive Director.
Editor's Choice Article:“Patient profile, indications, efficacy and safety of duodenal levodopa infusion in advanced Parkinson's disease” by David Devos for the French Duodopa Study Group. Dr. Angelo Antonini provides his comments and shares insight on his experience with the use of duodenal levodopa infusion. Click here to read and listen to the podcast.
Case of the Month: A 74-year-old man suffered from sudden onset of dizziness and ataxia followed by progressive drowsiness. Click here to view the case and share your diagnosis.
MDS-ES Summer School for Young Neurologists
July 10-12, 2009
MDS 14th International Congress of Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders
Buenos Aires, Argentina
June 13-17, 2010
Genetic Epidemiology of Parkinson's Disease: 4th Annual Meeting
July 6-8, 2009
19th Annual Course - A Comprehensive Review of Movement Disorders for the Clinical Practitioner
July 27-30, 2009
Neural Control of Object Recognition and Action Workshop
Atlanta, GA, USA
September 14-16, 2009
Recent Online Journal CME
- Vol. 24.06: "Botulinum Neurotoxins for Post-Stroke Spasticity in Adults: A Systematic Review" Antonio Emanuele Elia, MD, et al.
- Vol. 24.05: "Neuroprotection Trials in Parkinson's Disease: Systematic Review" Robert G. Hart, MD, et al.
- Vol. 24.04: "Myoclonus-dystonia: An Update" Kiyoka Kinugawa, MD, et al.
You have received this message because you have had previous contact with The Movement Disorder Society. If you do not wish to be included in our mailing list, please forward this message to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Unsubscribe" in the Subject Line.