13th International Congress News
- The Final Program is now available!
- There have been 1,715 abstracts accepted for this year's 13th International Congress - a record number! Please make time in your schedule to view the posters that will be displayed Monday, June 8 - Thursday, June 11 in Hall Maillot on Level 2 of Le Palais des Congres de Paris.
14th International Congress News
Session Suggestions for 2010 Buenos Aires Now Open!
MDS Members are invited to submit session suggestions for the 14th International Congress in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Session suggestions may be made online and are due by June 19, 2009. To submit a session suggestion, please click here.
Teaching Course Webcasts Now
Available from MDS 12th International
Congress in Chicago
View webcasts created from the Teaching
Courses offered at the 12th International
Congress of Parkinson's Disease and
Movement Disorders, held June 24-26, 2008
in Chicago, IL, USA.
Web Site News
- In his article, "What is progressive supranuclear palsy?" Prof. David Williams explains how defined pathologically, PSP can be reliably associated with at least three different clinical syndromes, which seem to be related to different degrees of pathological severity. Prof. Williams, PhD is with the Van Cleef Roet Centre for Nervous Diseases, Monash University, Melbourne.
Click here to read article.
- Related to the latest and most promising developments in PSP, Dr. Lawrence Golbe discusses the recent advances on diagnosis and treatment of the disease. Dr. Golbe is Professor of Neurology, UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick, NJ. Click here to read article.
- Also, in this edition of the Web site, Matthew Stern, MD reviews "Odor identification test as an indicator of idiopathic REM sleep behavior disorder." Dr. Stern is the Director of the Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Center and is the Parker Family Professor of Neurology at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia. Click here to read article and listen to the podcast.
*MDS 13th International Congress of Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders
June 7-11, 2009
AOS Education Course Treatment of Parkinson's disease and Recognizing Hyperkinetic and Hypokinetic Movement Disorders
Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
May 23, 2009
MDS Visiting Professor Program
June 29-30, 2009
MDS-ES Summer School for Young Neurologists
July 10-12, 2009
1st Teaching Course in Movement Disorders of the Neurological Clinical Research Unit
May 30, 2009
Genetic Epidemiology of Parkinson's Disease: 4th Annual Meeting
July 6-8, 2009
19th Annual Course - A Comprehensive Review of Movement Disorders for the Clinical Practitioner
July 27-30, 2009
Neural Control of Object Recognition and Action Workshop
Atlanta, GA, USA
September 14-16, 2009
RLS and PD in the Office Setting: Webcast now available
Click here to view a Web cast of the recent RLS and PD in the Office Setting course held in Atlanta, GA, USA.
You have received this message because you have had previous contact with The Movement Disorder Society. If you do not wish to be included in our mailing list, please forward this message to email@example.com with "Unsubscribe" in the Subject Line.