Have you renewed your MDS membership for 2010?
Login to the MDS Members Only section to renew today! By logging in, Members can check if dues are up to date, submit a credit card payment or request an invoice to pay dues. If you have forgotten your login or are logging in for the first time, click here.
14th International Congress News
The 2010 Scientific Program is now available!
The Scientific Program for the 14th International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders is now available online. Click here for more information.
New in 2010 - Spanish Translations
All Plenary Session and Teaching Courses at the 14th International Congress will be translated in Spanish. More information on the translation system will be available in the Preliminary Program.
Deadline for 2010 Travel Grants: December 18!
MDS is offering up to 60 travel grants of a maximum amount of $1,000 USD each to International Congress delegates in financial need to facilitate their travel to and participation in the 14th International Congress in Buenos Aires, June 13-17, 2010. Click here to apply!
Submit your 2010 Congress Abstract!
Abstracts for the 14th International Congress are due on January 8, 2010. This date will not be extended this year in order to meet our publication deadlines.
The 3rd Annual Video Olympics
Submit a video case for possible review and presentation at the Video Olympics on the evening of Wednesday, June 16, 2010 during the 14th International Congress. Letters of Intent (LOI) are due by February 5, 2010. Click here for more information on the Video Olympics and how to submit your LOI.
- December 1, 2009 - Registration and Housing Opens
- January 2010 - Preliminary Program Available
- January 8, 2010 - Abstract Submission Deadline
- February 5, 2010 - LOI for Video Olympics due
- April 5, 2010 - Early Registration Deadline
- May 3, 2010 - Final Registration Deadline
New - 2009 Congress Photo Gallery
Photos from the 13th International Congress of Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders in Paris, France, are now available for viewing. Click here to view the gallery.
Regional Section News
MDS-ES Education Fund for Underserved Areas in Europe is a fund to help support locally organized educational activities in under resourced countries in Eastern Europe and North Africa. The application is now available online.
MDS-AOS Educational Course Sponsorship Program is an ongoing program designed to address the needs of AOS regions that are restricted by size and/or resources from accessing Movement Disorders education. Please contact The Movement Disorder Society for more information.
Web Site News
- Quick Opinion, Please! Submit either a new case or comment on a current case.The “challenge” can be diagnostic, therapeutic or both. Either way, the forum is your gathering place to share opinions and diagnoses with colleagues and get feedback on challenging cases. Join the forum!
- Movement Disorders Books Now Online! Now you may purchase books on relevant topics in Movement Disorders directly on the MDS Web site! Click here to view books and make purchases. If you have a publication to suggest, please e-mail the book’s author, title and publisher.
- MDS Health Professionals Section - Coming soon! Professionals in physical therapy, occupational therapy, nursing, dietetics, clinical psychology, genetics and speech/language therapy soon will find the latest resources and information related to Movement Disorders.
MDS 14th International Congress of Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders
Buenos Aires, Argentina
June 13-17, 2010
E-mail: Congress Staff
Knowledge Gaps in Parkinson's Disease and Other Movement Disorders
February 5-7, 2010
DISMOV-SIN National Congress & International Symposium Movement Disorders in Psychiatry
March 25-27, 2010
4th Singapore International Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Symposium
Concorde Hotel, Singapore
March 26-27, 2010
Online CME Activities
Nonmotor Aspects of Parkinson's Disease Webcast
This webcast was created from the Edward I. Rudman Parkinson's Disease Patient and Caregiver Symposium: Non Motor Aspects of Parkinson's Disease. Topics covered are important nonmotor aspects of Parkinson's disease such as depression, anxiety, sleep disorders, autonomic disturbances, and cognitive deficits. Intended for patients and caregivers.
Recent Online Journal CME
- Vol. 24.15: "Neuropsychiatric Symptoms in Parkinson's Disease" Dag Aarsland, MD, PhD, Laura Marsh, MD, and Anette Schrag, MD, PhD
- Vol. 24.14: "Hereditary Parkinsonism: Parkinson Disease Look-Alikes–An Algorithm for Clinicians to "PARK" Genes and Beyond" Christine Klein, MD, Susanne A. Schneider, MD, PhD, and Anthony E. Lang, MD, FRCPC
- Vol. 24.13: "Major Nutritional Issues in the Management of Parkinson's Disease" Michela Barichella, MD, Emanuele Cereda, MD, and Gianni Pezzoli, MD
- Vol. 24.12: "Paraneoplastic Movement Disorders" Robin Grant, MB, ChB, MD, FRCP, and Francesc Graus, MD
You have received this message because you have had previous contact with The Movement Disorder Society. If you do not wish to be included in our mailing list, please forward this message to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Unsubscribe" in the Subject Line.