All subdivisions of the Society serve the clinical and scientific mission of the Society. The Society has subdivisions which serve administrative or scientific needs. In addition, we have subdivisions which serve the needs of specific member groups: Regional Sections and Special Interest Groups.
Committees are entities which are required to fulfill the clinical and scientific mission of the Society or to run the business of the Society. Committees have ongoing mandates and are installed and eventually disbanded by the IEC. Committee chairs are appointed by the president and members are appointed by the chairperson and the president. The term of each committee chair is two years. Committee members serve two years and half of them are reappointed every 2 years to ensure continuity.
Duties and responsibilities of committees
- Advising the Officers
- Reporting biannually to the Officers
Benefits for committees
- Financial support for telephone conferences (if not otherwise covered)
- Meeting space during the annual MDS Congress
- For in-person-meetings the Secretariat will help to obtain funding
- If no funding is available the Officers can provide a budget
- Submission of the project, its objectives and aims
- Only members of MDS are eligible as committee members