Basic Movement Disorders Course CME - Toronto, ON
June 4, 2011
Claim CME credit here
New Therapies for Advanced Parkinson's disease now available on DVD!
This DVD contains lectures recorded at the MDS workshop New Therapies for Advanced Parkinson's Disease held on October 29, 2010 (Durham, North Carolina, US).
Pricing: Members: $90 US; Non-Members: $180 US. Click here to order your copy.
15th International Congress Teaching and Themed Courses - Toronto, ON
MDS is pleased to offer you the opportunity to purchase streaming access to all 8 Teaching Courses and 12 Themed Courses from the 15th International Congress of Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders. Content includes slides, audio and video of all courses and the accompanying syllabi.
Teaching course titles include:
- Update on myoclonus
- Non-motor features of Parkinson's disease cognition
- Impulse control disorders (ICDs)
- From bench top to bedside: Current topics in translation research in movement disorders
- Neurodegeneration: The role of environmental factors
- Chorea, athetosis, and ballism
- Update on gait disorders
Pricing: MDS Members: $50.00 US; Non-Members: $100.00 US
Themed course titles include:
- Cognitive decline in movement disorders
- Gilles de la Tourette syndrome
- Psychiatric features of genetic movement disorders
- Bedside evaluation of cognition in movement disorders
- Impulsivity, addiction and reward mechanisms in movement disorders
- An update on psychogenic movemetn disorders
- Hallucinations and psychosis in Parkinson's disease
- Impulse control disorders (ICDs)
- Psychogenic movement disorders: Video demonstrations and evaluation techniques
- The non-dementia associated cognitive and behavioral features of Parkinson's disease
- Startle, stereotypies and mannerisms: Video cases
- Mood changes in Parkinson's disease: Depression, anxiety and apathy
Pricing: MDS Members: $65.00 US; Non-Members: $125.00 US.
14th International Congress Teaching Courses - Buenos Aires, Argentina
MDS is pleased to offer you the opportunity to purchase Streaming access to the Teaching Courses from the 14th International Congress of Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders.
14th International Congress Teaching course titles include:
- Neuroimaging techniques and applications
- Update on dystonia
- Differential diagnosis of parkinsonism
- Genetics of movement disorders
- Music and movement disorders
- Pediatric movement disorders
- Neuropharmacology of Parkinson's disease
- Update on tremor
Pricing - MDS Members: Free; Non-Members: $50.00 US
More Educational Resources
The Diagnosis Slide Sets, Video Case of the Month, and Video Library are password protected for MDS members only.
Not a Member?
Read more about the benefits you receive when you become a member of an international, professional society of clinicians, scientists, and healthcare professionals with the mission to advance research in and knowledge about Movement Disorders.
Case of the Month (COM) is the new MDS interactive online tool that features unique and challenging movement disorder cases. MDS members are invited to answer questions after analyzing the video and case history, and are provided with the expert's analysis.
Submit Your Video
MDS is currently accepting submissions for video Case of the Month. Case of the Month provides an opportunity for members to share interesting cases for educational purposes, in a forum dedicated to Movement Disorders experts. Review instructions for submitting your case and video.
Please e-mail the website manager, Heidi Friedrichs, at email@example.com for more information about how to submit a Case of the Month.
Members' use of the slide sets will enable them to become familiar with the differential diagnosis and clinical features that define various common involuntary movements as well as the course of treatment and complications of Movement Disorders.
Current Slide Sets include:
- Ataxia (PPT) - Jennifer G. Goldman, MD
- Chorea (PPT) - Kathleen M. Shannon, MD
- The Diagnosis and Management of Dystonia (PPT) - Steven J. Frucht, MD
- Myoclonus: Diagnosis and Treatment (PPT) - Steven J. Frucht, MD
- Parkinsonism (PPT) - Kathleen M. Shannon, MD
- Restless Legs Syndrome (PPT)- Charles H. Adler, MD, PhD
- Tics and Tourette Syndrome (PPT) - Jennifer G. Goldman, MD
Please feel free to contact the Education office at the International Secretariat office with questions.
This MDS Video Library consists of video supplements from the Movement Disorders Journal dating back to 1986. You may search the video library by keyword, author, volume and issue, or a combination of these fields.
Browse this section to view or purchase educational materials from the past Congresses held in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.