Message from the Editors April/May 2013 Edition
By Hubert Fernandez, MD and Marcelo Merello, MD, PhD
Co-Editors of the MDS Website
Update: Parkinson's disease in sub-Saharan Africa
In this edition, we are pleased to hear from MDS member Prof. Richard Walker, of London, United Kingdom, who provides an update on Parkinson's disease findings in sub-Saharan Africa. Prof. Walker is also Chair of the Task Force on Africa. Read the article.
Journal Articles on MDS Website
The Society now offers Journal articles for viewing on the MDS homepage. This Edition features articles from the March 2013 and April 2013 issues of the Movement Disorders Journal.
- β-amyloid and postural instability and gait difficulty in Parkinson's disease at risk for dementia. Read article
- Cerebrospinal fluid Aβ levels correlate with structural brain changes in Parkinson's disease. Read article
- Slowing of saccadic eye movements in sporadic Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease. Read article
- Nonpharmacological enhancement of cognitive function in Parkinson's disease: A systematic review. Read article
- Parkinson’s Disease Patients Show Reduced Cortical-Subcortical Sensorimotor Connectivity. Read article
- Progressive ataxia associated with scarring skin lesions and vertical gaze palsy. Read article
The Movement Disorder Society is excited to now offer reviews of movement disorders publications on the website. In this edition, we feature a review of Movement Disorders: Unforgettable Cases and Lessons from the Bedside (Demos Medical Publishing, 2012).
If you are interested in reviewing a book, or submitting an idea for a review, please suggest the title, author and publication date to email@example.com.
Be sure to visit the MDS Bookstore to purchase movement disorders publications. Each purchase from this section benefits MDS and helps further the mission of the Society!