The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society produces several publications in order to disseminate information, to communicate the latest research and to provide opportunities for its members to share ideas. Many of these publications are offered as membership benefits.
Print and online versions of the journal are offered with membership or by subscription. This publication provides a forum for Movement Disorder topics and is edited by an international group of 32 experts in the field. Movement Disorders publishes original research communications (clinical and basic science), descriptions of new clinical syndromes, other case reports, reviews and commentaries on controversial topics, and book reviews.
Movement Disorders - Clinical Practice is MDS' new online journal committed to publishing high-quality, peer reviewed articles related to clinical aspects of movement disorders. These broadly include:
- phenomenology (interesting case, case series, rarities)
- investigative (genetics, imaging)
- translational (phenotype-genotype, etc.)
- treatment aspects (clinical guidelines, diagnostic and treatment algorithms)
In addition, the journal encourages the publication of educative material (solicited and unsolicited reviews), clinical-pathological cases, drug trial results and task force reports related to the field of movement disorders. Submission of multimedia materials (videos, podcasts, graphics, etc.) accompanying all types of articles is encouraged.
The Society's quarterly newsletter, Moving Along, offers members up-to-date information on new developments such as clinical trials, upcoming meetings, and policy issues.
The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society publishes several audio-visuals available for sale from the MDS International Secretariat. DVD format is available upon request. Special reduced rates are available to MDS members.
The titles that are currently available for purchase include:
- Instructional Videotape for Motor Fluctuation Diaries in Parkinson's Disease
- MDS-UPDRS Teaching Program
- Standardized Training Tools for the UPDRS Activities of Daily Living Scale (UPDRS Part II)
- Toronto-Western Spasmodic Torticollis Rating Scale TWSTRS Training Videotape
- Unified Dyskinesia Rating Scale (UDysRS) Teaching Program
- Unified Huntington's Disease Rating Scale Videotape
- Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale Training Videotape
- Utility of an Objective Dyskinesia Rating Scale for Parkinson's Disease: (Rush Dyskinesia Rating Scale)