The MDS Autoimmune Movement Disorders: Five Illustrative Cases course will provide a comprehensive overview of a step-by-step approach to diagnosis and management of autoimmune movement disorders.
- Basic/Translational Neuroscience
- Etiology & Pathophysiology
- Other Movement Disorders
FacultyAndrew McKeon, MB, BCh, MD
This MDS interactive module provides learners with an overview of autoimmune movement disorders.
Upon completion of this activity learners will be able to:
1. Recognize the clinical features of autoimmune-mediated movement disorders using illustrative cases
2. Discuss the diagnostic approach, including laboratory, imaging, specific antibodies and other tests
3. Describe the treatment options available
This activity is intended for students, residents, primary care providers, internists, allied health, non-neurology specialists, and industry who have limited to no movement disorder experience
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME). The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society designates this education activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Method of Participation
Your chosen sessions must be attended in their entirety. Partial credit of individual sessions is not available. If you are seeking continuing education credit for a specialty not listed in the Accreditation Statement, it is your responsibility to contact your licensing/certification board to determine course eligibility for your board requirement.
All individuals in control of content for this activity are required to disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies (as defined by the ACCME) over the last 24 months. Disclosure information is available below. All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated in advance of this program.
Andrew McKeon: Author
Intends to reference off-label/unapproved uses of drugs or devices in presentation
Rafael Zuzuareggui: Reviewer
Nothing to disclose
MDS staff members involved with the planning, development, and review of the content for this activity have no relevant affiliations or financial relationships to disclose.
Hardware and Software Requirements
1. Active Internet connection (DSL or Cable). Dial-up connection will have constant buffering problem.
2. Compatible with Windows PC and MAC (256 MB of RAM or higher)
3. Activity is best viewed on Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Safari 5.0 or higher and Firefox 29.0 or higher
4. Adobe Flash Player 12.0 (or higher).
5. Adobe Reader to print certificate.
MDS Secretariat Liaison