This module provides an overview and description of the major figures instrumental in the development of movement disorders.
- Parkinson Disease/Hypokinetic Movement Disorders
FacultyChristopher G. Goetz, MD
The MDS Fundamentals Course is an online educational program designed to provide an overview of movement disorders and a clinical approach to the evaluation and management of common disorders
Upon completion of this activity learners will be able to:
1. Evaluate the history of Parkinson's disease
2. Evaluate the history of chorea
3. Evaluate the history of dystonia
This course is intended for students, residents, neurologists, neurosurgeons, specialist nurses, and other health professionals.
Method of Participation
This video based course will take approximately 45 minutes to complete. CME is not available for this course. To receive a certificate of participation, participants are required to view the video and complete the evaluation. A certificate of participation will be immediately available. There is no fee to participate in the activity or for the generation of the certificate of participation.
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Hardware and Software Requirements
1. Active Internet connection (DSL or Cable). Dial-up connection will have constant buffering problem.
2. Compatible with Windows PC and MAC (256 MB of RAM or higher)
3. Activity is best viewed on Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
4. Adobe Flash Player 12.0 (or higher).
5. Adobe Reader to print certificate.
6. Allow ActiveX controls to run on your computer: If the yellow strip appears on the top of your web browser while running the Webcast, right click on it and select Allow blocked contents to run.
7. Turn the Pop-up blocker off: On the Tools menu, point to Pop-up Blocker, and then click Turn Off Pop-up Blocker