Call for Allied Health Schools Hosts (2020-2022)
The MDS-ES Education Committee is currently accepting applications to serve as a host for upcoming MDS-ES Allied Health Schools for 2020-2022. The MDS-ES Allied Health Schools have been presented for physiotherapists, nurses, and for speech and swallowing specialists and are intended to improve the evaluation, clinical reasoning and treatment skills for allied health personnel. We invite you to apply to serve the Society through this unique opportunity for supporting the multidisciplinary approach to patient care by training our allied health colleagues.
Due to the highly interactive nature of the School programs, a number of important criteria need to be met by potential host centers. Allied Health Schools are three days in duration and include lectures, clinical examination rounds, and video presentations. Evening events are held on the first two evenings – an educational video dinner and a social/networking dinner.
To apply to host an upcoming allied health school, please submit a letter of intent to the MDS- European Section Regional Program Manager, Heather Vitale at firstname.lastname@example.org before December 1, 2018.
The letter of intent should address the host requirements and include the following information:
1. Host name(s) and contact information
2. Institution name, city, and country
3. Brief description of available facilities
Description of clinical space, lecture space, and catering/coffee break space. Kindly include whether all program space (clinical examination and lecture room) is in the same building or in different buildings
4. Additional information about host institution and/or city which may be pertinent to site selection.
5. Allied health topic to host (nurse, physiotherapy, speech, other)
6. When your institution could potentially host (2020-2022). Include year(s) and proposed month or months potentially available