The MDS Nominating Committee would like to take this opportunity to provide you general information on the MDS nominations process and invite you to take an active role in the selection of the next Leaders for MDS. The MDS President appoints the Nominating Committee every two years by taking into account the international scope of the Society and ensuring there is broad representation on the Committee. The 2019-2021 Nominating Committee members can be found on this webpage.
The purpose of the MDS Nominating Committee is to develop the slate of Nominees for MDS Member approval. The Nominating Committee develops the slate by evaluating the candidates based upon the defined criteria. The Nominating Committee’s goal is to prepare a diverse slate that is poised to work well as a team and bring forward their individual expertise to advance MDS and provide the best experience for our membership.
Leadership Nomination Process
To provide the MDS Membership an opportunity to be involved in the Society’s nomination process, the MDS Nominating Committee invites Members to submit candidate names for consideration. The Nominating Committee reviews all proposed candidate names and prepares the slate of nominees. This slate of nominees will be shared with the MDS Membership in May 2021.
The Nominating Committee takes the nominations process very seriously and strives to nominate the best leaders to advance the mission of the Society. It is critical that MDS members take a role in deciding the future of the Society by presenting themselves as candidates for these leadership positions. The Nominating Committee encourages you to submit a candidate profile if you believe that you have a perspective that would benefit MDS.
To view the criteria of the available MDS Central Leadership positions and to submit a candidate profile to be considered by the Nominating Committee, please visit the following webpage:
Nomination Process Timeline
- Candidate Profile Submissions for Central MDS Positions due: August 24, 2020
- Candidate Profile Submissions for Regional Section Positions: September - October 2020
- Nomination Committee Deliberations: September 2020 - March 2021
- Slate of Nominees given to Officers and IEC for Ratification: March 2021
- Slate of Nominees shared with Membership: May 1, 2021
- Opportunity for additional Nominees from Members: May 1 – July 1, 2021
- Final ballot mailed to Members: July 15, 2021
- Proxy ballots due: September 10, 2021
- Final voting during the MDS International Congress in Copenhagen: September 2021
- MDS Annual Business Meeting: September 21, 2021
- New Officers and IEC Members begin term: September 23, 2021