The intent of the MDS Innovation Lab is to provide a formal structure within MDS, for young members to propose and implement innovative projects on behalf of the Society. The deadline for proposals was April 30, 2019.
All proposals were reviewed by the MDS Education Committee and reviewed for eligibility, assessment of feasibility, innovation potential, projected Secretariat involvement and costs. The MDS Education Committee sought additional expertise from MDS Task Forces and Committees during the selection process.
Approved proposals received funding for conducting a pilot program not to exceed $5,000 USD.
- Must be a current MDS member in good standing
- Applicants must be under the age of 40 at the time of proposal submission
Innovation Lab proposals were required to include the following:
- Identification of an unmet need relevant to MDS’s mission
- Clearly states the proposed idea that will meet this unmet need
- Provides a brief description of the idea and how this idea will meet this unmet need
- Includes a tentative project pilot timeline (three months, six months or one year)
- Budget overview defining itemized initial expenses and any ongoing expenses
- Anticipation of any support needed from the MDS Secretariat or volunteer time needed
If you have questions about the MDS Innovation Lab, please contact email@example.com.