Welcome to the MDS Ambassador Program. This program supports the travel of 1 to 2 international experts who are MDS members to an underserved area for the purposes of education and intellectual exchange.
The MDS Ambassador Program supports members as keynote/plenary speakers at a non-MDS sponsored regional or national meeting in a disadvantaged country.
Sponsored speakers/faculty will work with the Ambassador Program host to develop material that is relevant and comprehensible to participants and meets the specified learning objectives of the meeting. An honorarium and airfare reimbursement is provided for the Ambassador by the MDS International Secretariat.
- Ensure that the intended host country is eligible to participate in the Ambassador Program by checking the list of eligible countries and US travel warning countries.
- Review program details outlined by the program procedures and make sure you are submitting your application at least 4 months in advance of the requested program date.
- Keep in mind any visa restrictions and subsequent time restraints for invited faculty.
- Carefully and completely fill out the program application.
- Once your application is complete, please mail as an attachment to email@example.com.
Once your application has been received, it will be reviewed by the regional education committee, regional executive committee and MDS education committee. The MDS secretariat will inform you of the results of this review, and provide instructions on how to proceed if it is approved.