Developing World Education Program (DWEP)
Welcome to the MDS Developing World Education Program (DWEP) webpage.
MDS recognizes that some countries do not have access to trained Movement Disorder Specialists and are restricted by size and/or resources from establishing a training program. Therefore, the Developing World Education Program is designed to address the needs of those countries and build rapport with local area societies that have no existing relationship with MDS.
DWEPs are intended to support three course formats: a stand-alone course, courses conjoined with other local/regional meetings, and a series of courses over an extended timeframe.
- Ensure that the intended host country is eligible to participate in the Developing World Education Program by checking the list of eligible countries and US travel warning countries.
- Review program details outlined by the program procedures and make sure you are submitting your application at least 4 months in advance of the requested program date.
- Keep in mind any visa restrictions and subsequent time restraints for invited faculty.
- Carefully and completely fill out the program application.
- Once your application is complete, please mail as an attachment to email@example.com.
To receive additional information about an MDS Outreach Program or to obtain an application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.