Visiting Professor Program
Welcome to the MDS Visiting Professor Program webpage. This program supports the travel of 1 international expert who is an MDS members to an underserved area for the purposes of education and intellectual exchange.
The MDS Visiting Professor Program supports members in conducting teaching seminars or giving grand rounds in local hospitals, and/or providing input for further development in the field of movement disorders in an underserved country.
Visits may consist of one of these activities or a combination of all three, an honorarium and airfare reimbursement for the visiting professor is provided by the MDS International Secretariat.
- Ensure that the intended host country is eligible to participate in the Visiting Professor Program by checking the list of eligible countries and US travel warning countries.
- Review program details outlined by the program procedures and make sure you are submitting your application at least 4 months in advance of the requested program date.
- Keep in mind any visa restrictions and subsequent time restraints for invited faculty.
- Carefully and completely fill out the program application.
- Once your application is complete, please mail as an attachment to email@example.com.
Once your application has been received it will be reviewed by the regional education committee, regional executive committee and MDS education committee. The MDS secretariat will inform you of the results of this review, and provide instructions on how to proceed if it is approved.