Clinical Update on Parkinson’s Disease: 2017
Clinical Update on Parkinson’s Disease: 2017 is a mini-symposium sponsored by the International Parkinson Disease and Movement Disorder Society (MDS) for our colleagues in the American Association of Neuroscience Nurses at their annual convention in Boston, MA, USA March 21-24, 2017.
The program will provide a brief but intensive update on our current understanding of Parkinson's disease pathophysiology, clinical presentation and treatment options.
The two faculty representing the MDS are Jennifer G. Goldman, MD, MS from Rush University in Chicago, and Lawrence Elmer, MD, PhD from the University of Toledo in Ohio. Both faculty are fellowship trained subspecialists in movement disorders and are passionate about educating our colleagues in neuroscience nursing about the recent updates in our understanding and treatment of Parkinson's disease.
Neuroscience nurses with interest in a clinical update on Parkinson’s disease.
- Discuss the pathophysiology, epidemiology, genetics, and neuropathy of Parkinson’s disease
- Identify the clinical features of PD and diagnostic testing
- Indicate particular non-motor issues in PD
- Explain the treatment of motor symptoms in PD
- Patient care and procedural skills
- Increase medical knowledge
Hynes Convention Center
900 Boylston St., Boston, MA
Boston Marriott Copley Place
110 Huntington Ave., Boston, MA