MDS-ES 2nd School for Nurses Involved with Parkinson’s Disease
Louise Ebenezer, MSc, RGN, PDNS
This will be the second school hosted by MDS-ES for nurses who work within a neurology setting in Europe and the United Kingdom specializing in Parkinson’s disease and associated disorders.
Participants will receive in-depth education and instruction from both UK and European Parkinson’s disease nurse specialists and other health professionals who work in movement disorders. The nurses will have the opportunity to examine patients, participate in a caregiver panel discussion, attend lectures and discuss the management of Parkinson’s disease throughout the four stages of the disease trajectory with the expert panel of faculty.
Students will also present their own case studies to small groups for discussion and critique. The networking opportunities within the group will nurture further discussion and links for the future. Attendance is limited to allow for a highly interactive and hands-on session.
- To recognize the clinical presentation, management and progression of Parkinson’s disease
- Identify and explain the management of both motor and non-motor symptoms in Parkinson’s disease
- Describe treatment and management approaches throughout the four stages of the disease trajectory
- Identify and differential between pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments in Parkinson’s disease
- Critically discuss the role of the PDSN in the management of Parkinson’s disease-related conditions
- Understand the difference in roles of the multi-disciplinary team members in managing Parkinson’s disease
- Present a case history of a patient with Parkinson’s disease
MPEC, Princess of Wales Hospital
Bridgend, CF31 1RQ
MDS is able to provide participants with a Letter of Support and any course-related documentation needed to assist in obtaining a visa. Please note that MDS is unable to contact the Embassy on your behalf. It is the responsibility of each participant to make the necessary arrangements related to this process. However, if the official handling the application needs further clarification, please contact email@example.com.
Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa
Bridgend, Cardiff CF35 5AW, UK
Telephone: +44 844 387 6089
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa for participants attending the MDS-ES 2nd School for Nurses Involved with Parkinson’s Disease. If you would like to reserve a room at the Best Western, please contact the hotel’s reservations team either by phone (+44 844 387 6089) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). At the time of booking, please mention that you are with the "Parkinson’s Disease Booking" and provide the following booking reference number: GA000343. Please book before Monday, October 1, 2018 in order to secure accommodation. All guests will have 72 hours prior to the arrival date to cancel free of charge.
£73.00 per room/per night Standard Double
£85.00 per room/per night Superior Suite Double