Bring Your Own Patient Video Presentation Competition.
Participants are encouraged to submit their own patient video case presentations prior to the course to be considered for the video case competition. Submission is optional. but attendance at the video dinner is mandatory.
The goal of this session is for participants who submit a case to present and for all attendees to view a variety of interesting, often rare, patient cases and to watch how a panel of senior experts approach challenging cases. Only accepted applicants will be provided with a link to submit their PowerPoint/Video for the competition.
Although the main aim of this exercise is educational, we have applied to MDS for a grant to enable the author of the top presentation to receive a complimentary registration to attend the MDS International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders, to be held September 22-27, in Nice, France or the 3rd Pan American Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Congress, to be held in Miami, FL, USA, February 14-16, 2020.
Video Case Submission Format Requirements:
You must follow these guidelines for submission.
- Cases must have a known diagnosis that is explained at the end of the presentation.
- Presentations should be no more than 10 minutes in length.
- Slides must include:
- Introduction slide: For reviewers only; include statement of why the case is unique or of interest and known diagnosis
- Title slide: Case title (do not use the diagnosis in the title of the case), your full name and name of institution, city, state and country
- Patient History/brief case summary: two slides maximum
- Video clip: up to three minutes in duration
- Expert panel discussion of:
- Differential diagnosis
- Known diagnosis and relevant review of the condition: three slides maximum
The course director(s) will review submitted cases and select which will be presented on Saturday night at the video dinner. Participants who submit a case will be notified by email February 25, 2019 whether their case will be presented.
All course participants and faculty will vote for the best presentation. The winner will be announced on the final day of the course.
The author(s) of the Presentation hereby represents and confirms that he/she has obtained the written consent of any and all patient(s) featured or who are otherwise identifiable or used in the Presentation to such feature, identification or other use therein and that said consent fully complies with all applicable legal requirements relating to the use of said such patient identifiable material, including, without limitation, if applicable, the specific requirements of the United States Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA")…
Important Dates to Note:
- February 20, 2019: Deadline for patient video case submission
- February 25, 2019: Notification status emailed
- March 2, 2019: Presenters meet with course directors to review case
- March 2, 2019: Cases presented at the video dinner to all course attendees and a Panel of Experts who will compete to make a correct diagnosis
No late submissions will be accepted