MDS-Africa Online Course for Neurologists – Principles of Movement Disorders
- MDS-Africa Online Course for Neurologists – Principles of Movement Disorders
Lectures available for on-demand viewing: October 19, 2020
Live interactive Question and Answer (Q&A) Session: October 29, 2020 at 15:00 CET
Samia Ben Sassi, MD; Ali Shalash, MD, PhD
Wassilios Meissner, MD, PhD.
Kailash Bhatia, MD, DM, FRCP
Ali S Shalash, MD
Samia Ben Sassi, MD
Jonathan Carr, MBChB, PhD
Njideka Okubadejo, MBChB, FMCP
This MDS-Africa online course aims to support young neurologists in improving their skills at diagnosing and managing movement disorders, through in-depth instruction from internationally recognized movement disorders experts.
Students will attend didactic lectures with videos. Topics will focus on hypo- and hyperkinetic disorders as well as simple and complex patient management issues.
A proficiency of English is required with foundational knowledge of diagnosis and general management of movement disorders.
- Pre-recorded lectures will be available for on-demand viewing on October 19, 2020
- Live real-time interactive Q&A Session with faculty will be held on October 29, 2020 at 15:00 CET
- Participants will have the opportunity to submit questions in advance and during the real-time Q&A session on October 29, 2020
Senior neurology residents and young neurologists who are interested in specializing in movement disorders.
- Learn how to examine a patient with movement disorders
- Diagnose movement disorder cases
- Propose a differential diagnosis on more complex movement disorders patients
- Compose and present a movement disorders case history
- Discuss management strategies in movement disorders