MDS-PAS Integrated Care in Parkinson's Disease: From Theory to Practice - Presented in Portuguese
Para visualizar as informações em português, selecione o idioma no canto superior direito da página.
October 23, 2020: On-demand lectures available for viewing
October 31, 2020: Live interactive panel discussion session, 10:00 BRT
|Maria Elisa Pimentel Piemonte, PT, PhD
||Department of Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy and Occupational Therapy of Medical School of University of São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
|Tiago A. Mestre, MD, MSc
||University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
|Lorena Rosa Almeida, PT, PhD
||Roberto Santos General Hospital/SESAB; Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
|Maira Rozenfeld Olchik, PhD
||Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul; Porto Alegre, Brazil
|Nayanne Beckmann Bosaipo Ps, PhD
||University of São Paulo, Brazil
|Claudio A.C. Mecone, RN
||SARAH Network of Rehabilitation Hospital; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|Daniela Albuquerque, MS, OT
||Universidad De Santiago de Chile; Santiago, Chile
An interdisciplinary faculty of senior movement disorder specialists will lead this four-hour virtual course. The course is designed to increase knowledge about Parkinson's disease and build capacity for comprehensive Integrated care in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
- Apply interdisciplinary perspectives when treating people living with Parkinson’s disease
- This regional online course will evaluate case discussions focusing on:
- patients in early, intermediate and advanced stage of Parkinson’s disease
- how to offer appropriate remote care for people living with Parkinson’s Disease during the COVID-19 pandemic
- all cases are presented in accordance to the ICF framework (International Classification of Functionality) from the World Health Organization-WHO
- Pre-recorded lectures will be available for on-demand viewing on October 23, 2020
- Live real-time interactive discussion of faculty panelists will be held on October 31, 2020 at 10:00 BRT
- Participants will have the opportunity to submit questions after they view the on-demand lectures and an opportunity to submit questions during the real-time Q&A session on October 31
This course will be presented in Portuguese. No translation service will be available.
The course is intended for neurologists, physician's assistants, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, social workers and psychiatrists/psychologists, and other health care professionals potentially involved in Parkinson’s disease care. The majority of whom already have some experience with the management of Parkinson’s disease and are interested in further education and collaboration.
Provide a “state of art” knowledge on Parkinson’s disease, including physiopathology, evaluation and treatment, update on the motor and non-motor alterations associated with the disease
Develop the ability to work in an integrated care team for Parkinson’s disease
Differentiate care delivery in early, mid and advance stages of Parkinson’s disease