MDS-Africa Virtual School for Young Neurologists
Lectures and associated resources available June 26-27, 2021
Join us live on June 26-27 starting at 15:00 EAT
Dr. Kigocha Okeng’o, MD
Dr. Sarah Urasa, MBChB, MMed, MSc
Prof. Ali S Shalash, MD, PhD
To be announced.
The virtual MDS-Africa School for Young Neurologists is an opportunity for young neurologists who are interested in specializing in Movement Disorders to receive in-depth instruction from internationally-recognized Movement Disorders experts. Topics will focus on hypokinetic disorders, hyperkinetic disorders and complex issues in movement disorders. Students will participate in lectures with videos covering fundamental topics and interactive sessions featuring live discussions with expert faculty, case presentations, small breakout group discussions led by faculty, polling and social breaks.
- Ask the Expert Panel discussions with moderated Question & Answer Sessions
- Small Break-out Group Sessions:
- Tips on Patient Examinations
- Faculty Prepared Case Activities
- Practice of Movement Disorders in Africa – Challenges & Opportunities
- Movement Disorders Grand Rounds with Faculty
- Student Video Case Presentations
- Faculty Video Case Presentations with Moderated Q&A
Movement Disorder Specialists, Clinicians, Senior Neurology Residents and young Neurologists who are interested in specializing in movement disorders.
- Examine a patient with a movement disorder
- Reach a diagnosis on straightforward movement disorder cases
- Propose a differential diagnosis on more complex movement disorder patients
- Present a movement disorders case history
- Design, review and modify a patient treatment plan