MDS-ES Physiotherapy Summer School
Joaquim Ferreira, MD, PhD - Faculty of Medicine, University of Lisbon, Torres Vedras, Portugal
The Physiotherapy School is a two-and-a-half-day course aimed at qualified physiotherapists who want to specialize in treating patients with Parkinson’s disease or atypical Parkinsonism. The educational objectives are intended to improve the evaluation, clinical reasoning and treatment skills of graduated physiotherapists in order to optimize the delivery of exercise programs for patients with Parkinson’s disease and related disorders.
Rehabilitation theory and practice will be evidence-based or founded on expert clinical opinion as appropriate. The European Evidence-based guidelines for physiotherapy will be used as a framework to inform best practice. Clinical examination of patient’s with Parkinson’s disease and related disorders will be incorporated into the curriculum, in addition to case studies incorporating video and written description.
1. The student will be able to select relevant assessment tools to evaluate PD patients’ problems
2. The student will be able to apply clinical reasoning skills taking into account disease stage, severity and cognitive ability
3. The student will be able to design appropriate exercise programs which address and target the needs of PD patients and take prognostic variables into account
4. The student will be able progress and dose the exercise programs appropriately
5. The student will be able to implement an evidence-based approach to treatment
This course is intended for physiotherapists residing in Europe.
CNS - Campus Neurological Senior
MDS is able to provide participants with a Letter of Support and any course-related documentation needed to assist in obtaining a visa. Please note that MDS is unable to contact the Embassy on your behalf. It is the responsibility of each participant to make the necessary arrangements related to this process. However, if the official handling your application needs further clarification, please contact email@example.com