Telemedicine for Movement Disorders during the COVID-19 crisis: How does this affect us?
- Telemedicine for Movement Disorders during the COVID-19 crisis: How does this affect us?
Esther Cubo, MD, PhD, FAAN and Zoltan Mari, MD, FAAN on behalf of the MDS Telemedicine Study Group
This 45-minute on-demand webinar will address the COVID-19 pandemic and its effect on telemedicine in movement disorders. This step-by-step guide for clinical practice will discuss current challenges and barriers to conducting a telemedicine visit including the incorporation of validated movement disorder scales for remote use. Additionally, the program will provide a brief overview of regulatory and reimbursement consideration for telemedicine visits.
Physicians, fellows, residents, medical students, nurses, allied health/paramedical staff, researchers
- Evaluate the role of telemedicine to deliver healthcare during the global COVID-19 pandemic
- Conduct a clinical telemedicine visit, and learn trouble shooting tips
- Identify benefits and barriers to telemedicine use
- Understand regional/country/state specific requirements for telemedicine, including reimbursement and regulation
- Apply validated movement disorder scales for remote use
- Identify relevant information and resources from updated websites and educational videos