New This Year
In addition to SYNERGIES, the first day will consist of sessions designed to enhance the leadership skills of the learner.
Carolyn Sue, MBBS, PhD, FRACP, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Roongroj Bhidayasiri, MD, FRCP, FRCPI, Chulalongkorn Center of Excellence on Parkinson's Disease & Related Disorders, Bangkok, Thailand
This course is designed to promote international collaboration between emerging leaders in clinical and scientific research aspects of movement disorders. The first portion of the program will feature an overview of Leadership principles based upon The Leadership Challenge® which is the core MDS LEAP program. The second aspect of this program is a series of short lectures that will cover that latest approach to the clinical practice and evaluation of patients with PD or other movement disorders, use of clinical rating scales, basic scientific methods and electrophysiology will be presented by invited faculty. The course will be designed to assist in career-building talented young clinicians and scientists who are emerging as leaders of their careers in Movement Disorders.
- Facilitate the personal leadership growth and effectiveness of early career movement disorder specialists.
- Enhance leadership skills of early career movement disorders specialists through education of group leadership principles.
- To educate clinicians about basic science techniques used in movement disorder research
- To educate basic science researchers about clinical practice in movement disorders
- To foster international collaboration between emerging clinical and scientific leaders
Young or early career clinicians and scientists with an interest in movement disorders and movement disorder research.
Chulalongkorn University Hospital
1873 Rama 4 Road
Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
MDS is able to provide participants with a Letter of Support and any course-related documentation needed to assist in obtaining a visa. Please note that MDS is unable to contact the Embassy on your behalf. It is the responsibility of each participant to make the necessary arrangements related to this process. However, if the official handling your application needs further clarification, please have them contact Yeimidy Lagunas, Education Coordinator, at email@example.com.