January/February 2019 Website Edition
From your Website Editorial Team: Susan Fox, MD, PhD; Brandon Barton, MD; and Santiago Perez-Lloret, MD, PhD
Welcome to the first website edition of 2019 and Happy New Year to all our members! In this edition, the Society has several new initiatives and features to share with members:
- MDS Blog: Please read the newest entry on the MDS Blog: Siri, Do I Have Parkinson's Disease? Three experts discuss the technologies being used to learn about movement disorders.
- E-Learning: The E-Learning page is continuously being updated: take time to visit the MDS Fundamentals Course and the newly developed Interactive Courses with video introductions.
- Movement Inquisitive Case 3: There is a new case added to the educational series for movement disorder identification: Gentleman Presents With History of Abnormal Contraction of the Left Hand.
- Telemedicine in your Movement Disorders Practice: The committee on telemedicine has developed an excellent tool for members to use in developing and implementing an effective telemedicine practice.
- PAS Congress in Miami, FL, February 2020: Mark the date for the next Pan American Section Congress. Topic Suggestions Open in January 2019!
- Movement Disorders Activities: The MDS Young Members Group has some suggestions for activities to make learning about movement disorders more fun. Check out more under the "Resources for Young Members" tab on their webpage.
- International Congress Photo Gallery: Take a moment to review pictures from the successful and stunning setting of the 2018 MDS Congress in Hong Kong.
- Love social media? MDS is looking for ambassadors to document activities and meetings of the Society.