MDS-PAS School for Young Neurologists
The MDS-PAS School for Young Neurologists is an opportunity for young neurologists who are interested in specializing in Movement Disorders to receive in-depth instruction from internationally-recognized Movement Disorders experts.
Students will attend large lectures and panel discussions with question and answer sessions and will have the opportunity to examine patients with movement disorders and engage in a differential diagnosis with the international experts.
Students will present their own case-study videos to small groups for discussion and critique, and will be involved in group presentations and case discussions. Topics will focus on parkinsonism, hyperkinetic disorders and complex issues in movement disorders.
This course is intended for young neurologists within five years of their completion of general neurological training who are interested in specializing in movement disorders, and young neurologists who are already training in movement disorders.
At the conclusion of this activity, the learner will be able to accomplish the following:
- Examine a patient with a movement disorder
- Reach a diagnosis on straightforward movement disorders cases
- Propose a differential diagnosis on more complex movement disorders patients
- Present a movement disorders case history
- Design, review and modify a patient treatment plan