MDS for Parkinson's Disease
The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (MDS) advocates for Parkinson’s disease throughout the world, while at the same time promoting public awareness of MDS.
Under the umbrella of “MDS for Parkinson’s Disease” MDS aims to raise awareness – not just amongst doctors, nurses and politicians – but among the society at-large, about Parkinson’s disease and how we can improve its diagnosis and management.
Throughout a series of one-day events across the globe, MDS aims to bring together stakeholders as well as patient groups representing those living with the disease.
To hold a series of lectures, conferences, briefings and other events throughout the world that will bring “MDS for Parkinson’s Disease” to life. “MDS for Parkinson’s Disease” is intended to become an annual event that is endorsed by MDS.
Events, if possible, should be held on or around World Parkinson’s Day (Monday, April 11, 2016).
The goal is that as a result of the event, it will be possible to:
- Educate societies about Parkinson’s disease
- Improve care and treatment for those affected by the disease
- Increase investment in Parkinson’s disease-related research and development
- Focus on the need of the contribution by all to improve Parkinson’s disease awareness and care
Who Can Apply to Hold an Event?
A request can be submitted by:
- Movement Disorders centers/units/departments coordinated by MDS active members
- Movement Disorders national societies/sections
MDS Event Guidelines
The following guidelines would need to be adhered to by applying organizations when holding an “MDS for Parkinson’s Disease” event:
- Arrange seminars, conferences or public awareness sessions about the MDS proposed theme for the year
- Arrange press conferences and media briefings, involving local media
- Collaborate with other organizations (movement disorders, general neurological societies, patient associations, allied health professionals, etc.)
- Submit application of the event to obtain MDS approval
- After the event, submit photos and/or videos to MDS documenting the initiative
Any officially approved event will be acknowledged on the MDS website, where materials and photos of the event will be posted. The participant centers will be included in the “MDS for Parkinson’s Disease” list and will be announced as such, making the event part of a larger effort.
Usage of MDS Logo
For display and presentations of the event, including website, Facebook pages and other presentations.
Note: The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society will not provide any funding for Endorsed Meetings and shall have no fiscal responsibility for the meeting and no liability for any event associated with the meeting.