MDS Allied Health Professional Summer School:
Physiotherapy for People with Parkinson's
July 4-6, 2013
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
European Summer School for Young Neurologists
July 26-28, 2013
London, United Kingdom
Evidence-Based Medicine: Update on Treatments for Parkinson's Disease
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Parkinson and Movement Disorders (PMD) Course uses slide sets, videos, and syllabi to provide an overview of movement disorders and outline a clinical approach to the evaluation and management of common movement disorders.
Topics covered include:
- Basal ganglia anatomy and physiology
- Phenomenology of Movement Disorders
- Etiology and pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease
- Diagnosis and differential diagnosis of Parkinson's disease
- Management of early Parkinson's disease
- Management of Advanced Parkinson's disease
- Chorea, athetosis and ballism
- Gait disorders
- Restless legs syndrome and movement disorders in sleep
- Management of MSA, PSP, and CBGD
- Tics and Tourette Syndrome
- Drug-Induced Parkinsonism (DIP)
- Psychogenic Movement Disorders
Apply now to use a PMD topic with and MDS Outreach Education Courses!
It is possible to use the PMD in conjunction with an approved Visiting Professor Program, Ambassador Program, or Developing World Education Course. For more information on these programs please visit the MDS Outreach Education homepage.
Explore the Visiting Professor Program, Ambassador Program and Developing World Education Program. Click here.
More programs coming soon!