Meeting organizers must submit a proposed program, including topics, faculty, and a detailed budget for the meeting along with the Supported Meetings application to the MDS International Secretariat. Applications for Supported Meetings may be further requested to provide the credentials of the organizers, scientific and educational merit, independent review process, and financial disclosure and conflict of interest disclosures to ensure scientific independence from commercial interest.
All Supported Meeting program applications will be reviewed by the Officers quarterly. Supported Meeting applications must be submitted at least six months prior to the date of the meeting. Affiliate Member Supported Meetings are entitled to receive fast-track consideration for sponsorship, support and endorsement, and therefore can submit their application at any time. If your organization is an Affiliate Member, please mark the correct box on the application.
A total amount of $100,000 USD is available to support scientific meetings, with an additional $30,000 USD in funding available only for meeting organizers who have Affiliate Member status with the Society. The typical amount of support given is $10,000 USD, and course organizers must provide a reason if they seek funding greater than $10,000 USD.
The goal of this program is to support new and novel meetings rather than repeated occurrences of previous meetings; however, support for general Movement Disorders meetings will be considered when there is a clear educational need and high likelihood that obtaining funding would be difficult, as in developing countries for example.
The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society will have no fiscal responsibility for the meeting if debt is incurred and no liability for any event associated with the meeting. The provision of granted seed money implies no other financial relationship or responsibility between the meeting and MDS beyond the potential reimbursement of unused seed money. Excess revenue or expenses are the sole responsibility of the meeting organizer(s) unless specifically stated in a formal agreement between MDS and the meeting organizer.
The meeting organizer(s) agree to:
- Credit the International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society for its support of the meeting in all meeting publications and announcements, including promotional brochures, website, and in newsletters when applicable.
- Provide MDS with copies of all meeting literature including program, abstracts, proceedings and promotional materials as well as a list of recent meeting attendees including both mailing and e-mail addresses when available.
- Provide complimentary space for the International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society to display the MDS exhibit booth and literature during the meeting.
- Provide one complimentary page in the meeting program for an advertisement provided by the International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society and include International Congress promotional material in the meeting registration bag.
- Submit a final report including attendance numbers and reconciled budget within 60 days of completion of the meeting.
- In the case of excess revenues being realized, the meeting organizers will arrange repayment of the seed grant to MDS.
- The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society will have the right to review scientific content of the meeting and make suggestions if necessary. Organizers agree to provide any information requested by the International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society.
MDS Supported Meetings may use the MDS logo in promotional materials for the event in conjunction with the following statement: "Supported by the International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society." The MDS logo and Society name may not be used for any other purpose unless approved by the International Secretariat. MDS will promote Supported Meetings in the Society's publications, including the E-newsletter, Moving Along, and the MDS website.
For further information regarding Supported Meetings, please contact:
555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100
Milwaukee, WI 53202-3823 USA
Tel: +1 414-276-2145 Fax: +1 414-276-3349