Welcome from the Chair
Evžen Růžička, MD, DSc, FCMA
Charles University Prague
Prague, Czech Republic
It has been my pleasure to serve as MDS-European Section Chair. At the beginning of my tenure as Chair, the MDS-ES Executive Committee discussed our strategic priorities for the term. These strategic priorities drive the decision making for the Section to allow for thoughtful prioritization of activities and resources.
- Maintain MDS-ES as the primary source of Movement Disorders education by developing a portfolio of courses that meet the wide ranging needs of the region
- Increase MDS-ES visibility through a regional educational event
- Increase MDS membership in Europe through Associate Member program and Waived Dues opportunities for educational course participants
- Increase engagement with Affiliate Members and European National Societies
- Translation of patient leaflets and pertinent materials into European languages
- Continue collaboration with European Academy of Neurology (EAN) and increase MDS-ES visibility at the EAN Congresses
- Pursue possible collaborations with European based societies to enhance dissemination of education and increase MDS Membership
Thank you for your continued interest and engagement in MDS-ES activities. I hope to meet you at the MDS International Congress in Nice this September and the 2020 ES Summit in Venice, March 18-20, 2020.
MDS-ES Visiting Trainee Grant Program
The ES Visiting Trainee Grant program offers a special opportunity for one resident, fellow, or recent graduate of a program in neurology to receive a clinical or research grant to travel outside his or her home country for a traineeship in movement disorders.
MDS-ES Outreach Programs
The MDS Outreach Programs are specifically designed to bring movement disorders education to those areas of the world where it is most needed and often least available.
MDS LEAP was established to provide a leadership training program to support the growth, development and success of young movement disorder specialists.
MDS-ES Call for Hosts - School for Young Neurologists
Serving as host for an MDS-ES School for Young Neurologists is a prestigious honor, and a unique opportunity for training the next generation of Movement Disorder specialists.
MDS-ES Call for Hosts - Allied Health Schools
The MDS-ES Allied Health Schools have been presented for physiotherapists, nurses, and for speech and swallowing specialists and are intended to improve the evaluation, clinical reasoning and treatment skills for allied health personnel.
All MDS members living and working in Europe are automatically members of the European section of the Society and are warmly welcomed to participate in the Section’s activities and to contribute to the development of the Movement Disorders specialty in Europe.
MDS-ES Officers, Executive Committee, and Education Committee
MDS-ES Summit: Therapeutic Milestones In Parkinson's Disease
The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society’s European Section (MDS-ES) Summit will occur every two years as a forum to further develop the field of Movement Disorders in the region. The ES Summit: Therapeutic Milestones in Parkinson’s Disease will be held March 18-20, 2020 in Venice, Italy.
The MDS-ES collaborates with the following entities on various initiatives within the regional section.
- European Huntington's Disease Network
- European Academy of Neurology