Applications for the LEAP Class of 2018 Now Being Accepted
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2017
- Decision letters provided to applicants: Early March 2018
Application & Decision Criteria: Applications received for the Class of 2018 will be evaluated by the criteria outlined here.
Questions regarding the application process can be directed to email@example.com
The MDS LEAP Program has been established to provide a leadership training program to support the growth, development and success of young movement disorder specialists while maximizing their contributions to the goals and objectives of the International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (MDS).
The LEAP Program is an 18-month program encompassing the development of leadership skills through a mentored development and a didactic skills format. The two-day training workshop takes place immediately prior to the MDS International Congress.
- Facilitate the personal leadership growth and effectiveness of early career movement disorders specialists
- Enhance the leadership skills of early career movement disorders specialists through education of group leadership principles
- Promote engagement of early career movement disorders specialists in the leadership in the MDS as well as in their own professional environment.
- Integrate early career leaders into appropriate leadership positions within MDS
Eligible candidates must be current members of the International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (MDS); be in the early stages of career development (ages 30-40), and hold an interest in developing leadership skills and applying these leadership skills to MDS service.