MDS-AOS Visiting Trainee Grant Program
The AOS Visiting Trainee Grant program offers a special opportunity for one resident, fellow, or recent graduate of a program in neurology to receive a grant to travel outside his or her home country for a traineeship in movement disorders. The goals of this program are to enable education, training and experience in movement disorders across the region and to foster long term links between medical training and research sites within the AOS.
Applications are open to residents, fellows, those trained in a recognized neurology training program or recent graduates from such a program who have returned to practice at their home site within five years of completion. Applicant status must be certified in writing by the member's employer or past supervisor. MDS members and non-members are encouraged to apply. Applicants must reside in an AOS country and plan to participate in a program abroad within the AOS.
AOS Trainee Grant Information
View MDS-AOS Trainee Grant Host Sites (Please note, this list is not comprehensive)
- Reside in an AOS country
- Plan to participate in a Traineeship outside of their country, but within the AOS
- Have completed basic/core neurology training (typically ≥2 years) in a recognized training center (evidence must be provided, e.g., in the letter of recommendation from his/her current Supervisor or Department Chair
- Provide a letter of recommendation from his/her current Supervisor or Department Chair
- Provide a detailed outline of the proposed Traineeship/study/research, including the major objectives
- Provide a letter of provisional acceptance from the Host Institution
- Provide a current CV
- Complete the application procedures before the deadline (only complete applications will be considered
Only complete applications received by the application deadline will be considered. A subcommittee of the MDS Asian & Oceanian Section Executive Committee will conduct an initial review of the applications and provide recommendations to the MDS-AOS Executive Committee about which candidates are the most qualified to receive the Trainee award. The exact amount of the award will depend on the funds available and the justification of expenses in the application.
- The award provides a grant payment to the award recipient in multiple installments. The payments will begin just prior to the beginning of his or her program.
- The MDS-AOS Visiting Trainee Grant (VTG) awards 1-4 successful applicants per year. The Traineeship should last between 6 months to 1 year and should begin within the same year the VTG is awarded. The VTG budget is currently USD $55,000 per annum (maximum).
- Applications will open in mid-October.
For more information or questions, please contact email@example.com