Organization: American Telemedicine Association
A US-based advocacy organization.
Talk slides: Neuropsychology Service Teleheath
From Columbia University movement disorders service Neuropsychologists
- Neuropsychological Test Administration by Videoconference. A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis (2017) Fee required for full text
- Validity of Teleneuropsychology for Older Adults in Response to COVID-19. A systematic and critical review (2020)
Overview: Guidelines for Physical Therapy & Telehealth
From the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) resources. Includes member-only content
Courses and resources: Telehealth/COVID-19 Resources for Physical Therapists
From the APTA Learning Center: Includes member-only ecourses and content
Audio/Visual: Webcasts and Podcasts for Telehealth
From the International Neurologic Physical Therapy
Peer-reviewed article: Utilizing Telehealth to Deliver LSVT BIG Treatment for Young Onset Parkinson Disease.
Curated Telehealth Resources from the American Occupational Therapy Association, including:
- Overview: OT and Telehealth in the Age of COVID-19
- Handout: Occupational Therapy Telehealth Decision Guide - 2 page handout that includes a checklist for clinical decision-making.
- Article: Considering Telehealth? 3 Things You Need to Know - An analysis document on implementation of telehealth for Occupational Therapists
Overview: Telehealth Recommendations for Dysphagia Management during COVID-19
From Purdue I-EaT Lab - Includes guidelines and educational materials, including:
Organization: American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) Telepractice
Resources from the professional organization for speech language pathologists in the US, including: Telepractice Services and Coronavirus/COVID-19
Report: Dysphagia Care Across the Continuum
A Multidisciplinary Dysphagia Research Society Taskforce Report of Service-Delivery During the COVID-19 Global Pandemic - Review article addressing dysphagia during Covid 19, including a section on telehealth. Includes many top researchers. Not specific to Parkinson's or other movement disorders.
- Webinar: Telepractice in Private Practice and University Clinics for Adults with Neurological Disorders
- Webinar: Telepractice Delivery of LSVT LOUD and LSVT BIG: What you need to know
- Webinar: Telehealth in Adult Populations during and beyond COVID-19: the Purdue SLHS perspective.
- Telehealth for Dysphagia: Evidence to Guide Clinical Practice: Reviews recent evidence for Tele-practice for dysphagia, including implications for Covid 19. From the American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology. (2020)
- Telerehabilitation for communication and swallowing disorders in Parkinsons Disease. Journal of Parkinsons Disease. (2021)
- Speech-language pathologists’s perceptions of the use of telepractice in the delivery of services to people with Parkinson’s disease. From the International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology. (2020)
- Delivering speech maintenance therapy to people with Parkinson’s Disease via telerehabilitation. International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology. (2019)
- Group Therapy for Maintenance of Speech in Parkinson's Disease Following LSVT LOUD®. International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology. (2018)
- Clinical and quality of life outcomes of speech treatment for Parkinson’s disease delivered to the home via telerehabilitation. American Journal of Speech Language Pathology. (2016)
Research summary: Dysphagia Management via Telepractice
"What’s the Evidence, and Where to From Here?" A dysphagia Cafe resource for Speech clinicians.