MDS Staff Liaison: Annette Schott
Education Committee Purpose
To build a continuous, free-standing, education program to support physicians and other healthcare professionals around the world in their treatment of patients living with movement disorders; guide the International Executive Committee (IEC) in activities related to educating the professional and lay public on various aspects of movement disorders; and develop educational programs and enduring materials on movement disorders.
Committee’s mandate priorities for 2019-2021 (Source: Education Committee Strategic Plan):
- Develop and deliver educational programming that reflects the needs of young neurologists and trainees, movement disorder specialists, basic scientists, general practitioners, allied health professionals and industry professionals.
- Develop and deliver programming for rare movement disorders
- Promote education in underserved countries
- Engage the Young Member’s Group in educational activities
- Develop educational resources for patients with movement disorders and their caregivers
- Enhance collaboration with national and regional societies or organizations promoting movement disorder education.
- Develop opportunity for MDS members to provide input on their educational needs.
- Explore new learning formats
Veronica A. Bruno
Eiko N. Minakawa
Nkechi A. Obianozie
Ad Hoc Members
Tiago Cardoso Vale
Piu B. Chan
Ai Huey Tan
Subcommittees of the Education Committee
(MDS Staff Liasion: Ericka Blackford)
Ai Huey Tan, Chair
Camilla Aquino, Co-Chair
Clecio Godeiro Jr.
Woong Woo Lee