MDS Staff Liaison: Annette Schott
Education Committee Purpose
To build a continuous, free-standing, education program to support physicians and other healthcare professionals around the world in their treatment of patients living with movement disorders; guide the International Executive Committee (IEC) in activities related to educating the professional and lay public on various aspects of movement disorders; and develop educational programs and enduring materials on movement disorders.
Committee’s mandate priorities for 2019-2021 (Source: Education Committee Strategic Plan):
- Develop and deliver educational programming that reflects the needs of young neurologists and trainees, movement disorder specialists, basic scientists, general practitioners, allied health professionals and industry professionals.
- Develop and deliver programming for rare movement disorders
- Promote education in underserved countries
- Engage the Young Member’s Group in educational activities
- Develop educational resources for patients with movement disorders and their caregivers
- Enhance collaboration with national and regional societies or organizations promoting movement disorder education.
- Develop opportunity for MDS members to provide input on their educational needs.
- Explore new learning formats