Committees are entities which are required to fulfill the clinical and scientific mission of the Society or to run the business of the Society. Committees have ongoing mandates and are installed and eventually disbanded by the International Executive Committee (IEC).
Committee chairs are appointed by the President and members are appointed by the chairperson and the President. The term of each committee chair is two years. Committee members serve two years and half of them are reappointed every two years to ensure continuity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advising the Officers
- Reporting biannually to the Officers
Benefits for Committees
- Financial support for telephone conferences (if not otherwise covered)
- Meeting space during the annual MDS International Congress
- For in-person meetings the Secretariat will help to obtain funding
- If no funding is available, the Officers can provide a budget
- Submission of the project, its objectives and aims
- Only members of MDS are eligible to be committee members
Click on the toggles below to learn more about a committee.