Task Forces are appointed to accomplish a specific, time limited task and remain in place until completion of the task.
Task Forces are appointed by the Officers and the President. Chairpersons are appointed by the President. Members are appointed by the Chairperson and the President.
Benefits for Task Forces
- Financial support for telephone conferences (if not otherwise covered)
- Meeting space during the annual MDS Congress
Duties and Responsibilities of Task Forces
- Completing the task within an agreed time frame according to the needs of the Society
- Reporting biannually to the Officers
- Scientific results should be submitted to the Movement Disorders Journal
- Development of a project plan, including objectives and aims
- Members of MDS are eligible as task force members (exclusions from this rule are possible upon special request)
Position Papers and Critiques