Women in Movement Disorders Special Interest Group
|Elena Moro, MD, PhD
|Yih-Ru Wu, MD
Steering Committee Members
The Women in Movement Disorders Special Interest Group is currently seeking interest forms from members to serve on the Steering Committee. If you are interested in participating, please complete the interest form. Interest forms are due by Friday, April 16. Please contact the Secretariat with any questions at email@example.com.
The main objectives of Women in Movement Disorders SIG will be:
- To create a network of MDS women (neurologists, scientists and other health care professionals) who lead successful professional and/or research teams and promote research collaborations and academic exchange.
- To establish a link between women leaders in the MDS and women who are at the start or in the middle of their clinical and academic career. This link will serve to support and guide women through their career pathways (including how to apply for grants, form collaborations, making career decisions, etc) and develop leadership skills for women in early and mid-career.
- To support women with regard to social issues and management in the clinical and academic field, such as parenting and balancing private with work life.
- To raise awareness of processes in the infrastructure of MDS and how to achieve leadership positions within the MDS and other societies.
- To advance to the top levels of leadership in the field of Movement Disorders.
- To collaborate with the LEAP program to support its goals.