MDS is proud to partner with the World Federation of Neurology for World Brain Day 2020, and to work together to advocate for improved patient care, education, and additional research to help improve the lives of those living with Parkinson’s disease and their caregivers. Part of this partnership is sharing the free MDS educational resources available below.
To take advantage of additional resources available to MDS members, we invite you to visit our Membership page to learn more.
Movement Disorders Fundamentals E-Learning Course Series
MDS welcomes individuals from the World Federation of Neurology’s Member Societies to the Movement Disorders Fundamentals E-Learning Course Series.
30 video presentations conducted by the top experts in the Movement disorders field
Complete overview of various aspects and clinical approaches to the evaluation and management of common movement disorders
FREE OF COST
Courses are free to access through the MDS Learning Management System.
To view the 31 available topics:
- Visit the Fundamentals Series page of the MDS Course Catalog
- Select the course of your choice and click Add to Cart (no cost); non-members will be asked to create a Learning Portal account
- From your cart, click the course title to enter the course
- Once in the course, use the tabs in the Table of Contents box at the top of the screen to navigate
If you have reviewed the course series and are interested in accessing more information on movement disorders, MDS encourages all students, residents and fellows to take advantage of free membership. Further information can be found on our Membership page.
Handouts for Patient Care
MDS has compiled a series of downloadable patient handouts (as PDFs) on various movement disorder topics to be shared with patients. Handouts are available in more than 30 languages covering an assortment of topics in movement disorders, with new ones being added regularly.
Click here to search by movement disorders topic or by language.
Join MDS at the 2020 Virtual Congress
For the first time in its history, MDS will host a Virtual Congress in 2020. This will allow delegates an opportunity to access the full International Congress Scientific Program through a virtual platform without concern for health, welfare or travel.
- Scheduled, mock-live sessions will launch daily on the virtual platform September 12-16
- Informative scientific sessions will feature live interactions with expert faculty
- The Scientific Program will be accredited to provide AMA PRA Category 1™ credits
The MDS Virtual Congress 2020 is FREE to all neurologists! Registration will open in July. Learn more.
MDS and the WFN will culminate and celebrate their World Brain Day partnership with a joint virtual press event during the MDS Virtual Congress. Details will be shared at the link above as they become available.